My Photo
Name:
Location: Gualala, California, United States

Alice and I love our life on the Northern California coast and welcome friends and family to enjoy it with us.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Who Said?

Editor,

The best sources of quotes to support my arguments in favor of programs opposed by Democrats are ... ta da! Democrats!

Concerning the previously unheard of Democrat filibusters of judicial appointments, who said?

"I have stated over and over again on this floor that I would refuse to put an anonymous hold on any judge; that I would object and fight against any filibuster on a judge, whether it is somebody I opposed or supported; that I felt the Senate should do its duty. If we don't like somebody the President nominates, vote him or her down."

If you guessed that the speaker was U.S. Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.), you win! [Congressional Record, Pg. S6521, June 18, 1998]

"Don't that take the rag off of the bush?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home